Friday, May 22, 2009

Etsy Finds of the Week

Today we live in a society where we are dominated by our computers and new technologies. I have friends who would cry if I teared them away for their blackberry for a single day. In light of this, I try to think back to simpler days. Now I'm not exactly a wise older person, but in my youth we embraced an art form that is slowly becoming less and less popular. What ever happened to writing? Letters, notes, cards? Today I dedicate my post to writing. Now where is writing sweet? and where can you use it in a way to benefit your baking? Why in charming/beautiful recipe cards of course!
Look at these! Now what stylish baker wouldn't want to fill these adorable cards with their favourite sweet recipes? The detail and whimsy of them, along with the little wooden recipe box I think could add a little charm to any kitchen.
The seller is
The Luvlee Chase by the very talented Tara Lee . She also sells a wide variety of beautiful stationery; from thank you cards, to wedding invitations. Tara's eye for style is truly delightful! Here's her blog: LuvleeChase Blog
Another favourite of mine is a fellow Canadian (and Ontarian) Kathryn, with her elegant/simple card shop: ChocolateMartini Cards
The name of the shop alone has my tummy grumbling! A chocolate martini is a decadent treat; the mix of sumptuous chocolate, with a hint of a little something to keep you warm! Kathryn's cards give the same feeling. A simple/beautiful treat that truly warms the heart. Here are some of my favourite cards:
Love is so sweet and what better way to wish a happy couple best of luck with their marriage with something charming/understated and simply gorgeous like the card above.

Happy shopping everyone :)

1 comment:

  1. Recipe cards are a lovely idea...they look so nice sitting there in their little box...and I love to write♥x

    ReplyDelete